Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Weekend Review

This was a BIG weekend for Isla. She walked her first 5K...kinda. Daddy walked and wore her in the baby bjorn. She had a blast and looked super cute in her Puma Tracksuit :) While my loves were walking for a cure, I was at Pure Bliss Spa of Jupiter. I received a massage gift certificate a while back from Victor's boss and just got around to using it. This spa is beautiful and the masseuse was amazing. She didn't make a peep :) I highly recommend this place if you're in the area and looking for a relaxing spa experience. And if you're asking yourself why I went to the spa instead of my babe's first 5K, it is because the appointment was booked before the bib was bought. So there.





Baby Puma Tracksuit - Gift from last season (similar here)

We are still making some pureed baby foods for Isla. We spent a few hours yesterday peeling, boiling, and pureeing fruit and veggies for her Infantino squeeze pouches. We love these because they make feeding on the go a breeze and you can fill them with vodka to enjoy adult cocktails at outdoor events.

There are times when Isla is thirsty and she's already had her milk. I don't like to give her juice because I know it isn't the best vice to get your little one hooked on, even if it is watered down to nothing. I had what I believe to be a moment of brilliance while making her fruit and veggie purees. The cooking water! Why waste it? I sampled the water we boiled her fruits and veggies in and it was delicious! Plus it contains all of the lost nutrients of the foods during steaming and boiling. Instant juice! I had some left over medela storage bags, so I filled 'em up and froze what we wouldn't use this week. I don't know if this is AAP recommended and I don't care. She loved it!


No family weekend would be complete without a trip, or two, to Publix. It takes us forever to get through the grocery store. EVERY blue hair stops us to chat up Isla and tell us how adorable she is...and we're okay with that.

Seat cover by Itzy Ritzy

No comments:

Post a Comment