Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Valentine's Day Garland DIY

I am on a mission. I'm on a mission to make almost every holiday a special one for Isla. I love decorating and I love DIY. I'm not the best, obviously, and I don't have a TON of time. What I have is a desire for Isla to grow up in a home where the seasons are celebrated and her food is color coordinated :)

I wanted to do something simple and easy to transition her nursery from Christmas to Valentine's Day. I used washi tape to write LOVE and XOXO on her walls and added this simple felt garland to her crib. Don't worry...I remove it before nap and bed time. Here's what you need:


1. Felt balls - mine came from the $1 section at Target
2. Needle
3. Scissors
4. Thread - pictured is baker's twine, but it was too thick to fit through my needle. I improvised by using thread, but doubled.
5. 10 Minutes

All you do is double up your thread and tie a knot at one end. I measured her crib and knew the length I needed. I then laid out my balls and organized them in the color pattern I wanted. I then threaded the balls  on the string and continued until finished. Don't worry about spacing now, as the balls will move around as you thread. When you're finished tie a knot and voila!



Now, I may be a mediocre mom, but I do know enough to know that I need to remove this garland at nap and bed time. So here is how I hung it:


I used two 3M Command Hooks and tied loops at each end of the garland. I can now easily hang and remove when she's in her crib. Genius? I think so :)

Now, go make some Valentine's Day Garland for your little babe...or yourself <3

No comments:

Post a Comment