Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Mama + Baby Skincare Routine

I love skincare and beauty products. I spend more of my monthly shopping budget in this category than any other. My husband? Not so much. He's happy with H&S and Irish Spring. Eww. My brother shares my love of products. When I visit, I know I'll be well covered for shampoo + conditioner :) I have double the fun shopping for skincare products now that Isla is here. I do a fair amount testing and research before I purchase a new product and would never recommend something I haven't tried and loved. Here is my current and most loved skincare routine:


I can't say enough good things about Philosophy. I have pretty much tried their entire line and have loved almost all of the products at different stages over the years. Their acne line partnered with the Vitamin C Serum by Kiehl's saved my sanity. I do not like their eye makeup remove or face primers. However, I have five of their 3-in-1's in rotating use right now. I might have a problem. Oh, and their lip gloss? Gorgeous and glossy!

Mary Kay's eye make-up remover is very gently and non-irritating. I have tried others from Lancome, Philosophy, Clinique, Sephora, Drugstore...You name it. This one is by far my go to fave.

I just recently discovered my love of Mario Badescu and this whitening mask does in two weeks what other dark spot correctors can't do in 8 weeks. I went through a 3 year phase of adult acne and I have a few spots left over to remind me. Yay! This mask has almost banished them in the 3 times I've used it in the past two weeks.

Atralin is a RX Retin-A product that I use every morning with sunscreen for one week a month. You can guess which week that is. La Roche Posay makes a decent tretinoin product, but this RX is cheaper with insurance :)

Now time for baby skincare. I of course am far less adventurous when it comes to my babyboo's skin. Here is what I'm currently loving (minus the Honest Co. Wash as it was in the other bathroom from when we went tub swimming on Sunday)


Noodle & Boo is my fave not only because of the name, but the SCENT is AMAZING! If you buy ONE skincare product in the next month for your little one, buy this lotion. You'll be happy you spent $18 on baby lotion. Promise.

I use this soap for when she has cradle cap or dry skin. She doesn't get it as much now that she's older, but it comes back here and there. If it gets especially bad, I spray an oil mist in my hands and pat her scalp. I had the J&J pictured, but it is almost gone. I'll replace it with this one soon.

I love the smell of lavender and she gets washed in this when we feel she needs an extra smack of calm before bedtime.

We have been very lucky with diaper rash. She has never had it! Sometimes her little biscuits get slightly red (maybe 6x in her 15 months of life) and when it is, I use a little of this triple paste and it is gone by the time of her next diaper change.

Sunscreen requires an entire post and I'll share that soon. I'm very picky about mine and Isla's sunscreen. If you live in Florida, you have to be!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment