Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

From my test kitchen

I went to bed Thursday night with a little tickle in my throat. By 2:00 am Friday morning I was breathing fire so hot I thought I had swallowed a 100 red hots. I. Was. Miserable. I knew the next day would hold a new level of hell for me. A sore throat, a work from home job, and a 14 month old speed demon on knees. A complete recipe for disaster. Oh, and it was Valentine's Day. A day that I had been planning for weeks. Matching outfits. Heart shaped pancakes. Red Velvet cupcakes. Pish posh! Tears literally sprang to my eyes when I realized none of those plans would come to fruition. Real tears. No, I'm not pregnant. To top off my raw throat, Aunt flo came 4 days early. Come on! Cut a bitch a break.

I immediately Googled sore throat remedies and went to town on this one. Mostly because I had the items in my pantry and it took little to no effort. I'm sharing because it made a WORLD of difference. When I have a sore throat I'm one to suck on Chloraseptic drops until my tongue turns to hamburger and starts to hurt more than the sore throat I was aiming to dull. I was forced to try this sore throat remedy because my baby daddy had just sucked down our stash of drops last week when he had a red hot throat.


Mix equal parts water, apple cider vinegar, and honey. Gargle for 15 seconds per gulp until the mixture is gone. I did a tsp of each; three mouthfuls for a a total of 45 seconds. 

This worked almost immediately to dull the pain and numb my mouth and throat. Warning: It is nasty! But, this recipe will forever be my go-to sore throat cure instead of the Chloraseptic drops.

You're welcome.

Stay tuned for Valentine's Day 2.0, because once I'm 100%, my baby is getting those heart shaped pancakes...and we'll be rocking those matching outfits when she does!

I also would like to thank the Olympics for providing countless hours of TV viewing while I was down and out.
#sochiwins

No comments:

Post a Comment