Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

DIY Gift For Grandparent's Day

I've mentioned before how much Isla loves to color; she's an animal with a crayon! We recently dove into finger paints, and I use the word dove literally here :) 

I wanted to give Victor something made by Isla for his birthday and this framed I Luv U art turned out perfectly. I'm sharing now because Grandparent's Day is upon us and I know one Nana that will be giddy over her gift :)


We used washable finger paints in her favorite color family - purple. I cut the painting down to my frame size with a ruler + xacto knife. I then cut another piece of card stock to the same dimensions. I brushed mod podge on to the plain sheet and covered it with glitter. I then used my cricut to cut out the letters in her painting. You can freehand letters or use stencils if you don't have a cricut. Then just top the glittered sheet with the painting et voila!

I found the gold frame at my local Home Goods store :) Now Daddy + Nana have a little Picasso for their offices.

No comments:

Post a Comment