Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

DIY Bracelet T-Bar Holder

My job calls for the need to have A TON of jewelry display items. I used to order quite a bit from an online company, but due to recent security breaches, I need to find alternatives for myself and my Chloe + Isabel merchies :)

Here is the first post of a three part DIY Jewelry Display Series - I hope you love it and have fun making it!! This is very easy to make, but here is the Etsy link if you would rather shop than get your hands dirty. 

DIY Bracelet T-Bar Holder


I had to go to both a craft store and Home Depot for the supplies I didn't have in hand. I used a solid pine dowel, but you can use an empty paper towel holder; just roll up an old catalog or magazine to shove inside for extra durability.


You will need:
10.5" wood dowel
Felt or paint to cover your dowel
Base - I used a crystal cans stick holder
Hot glue gun
Sandpaper
Cut mat
Ceramic birdie

Not pictured:
Ruler
Twine
Rotary cutter


Start by sanding the rough edges of your dowel and cleaning your base. You'll want to plug in your glue gun at this point as well.


If using felt, measure and mark the amount you'll need. Use a ruler and rotary cutter to cut your material. Tip: you'll want to cut two circles to cover each end of the dowel. Mark and cut these circles AFTER you've glued your large piece of felt to your dowel. Capish?


Place a thin line of glue along the edge of your felt; about a .5 cm in. Firmly press your dowel into the glue and roll it to the other edge. Place another line of glue and close the roll.

Glue on your two circles to each end and trim any excess you may have.


Center your dowel and place glue on your base. Press the dowel firmly on to the base. Now place glue on the bottom of your birdie and press + hold the birdie for about 45 seconds. My base was larger than my dowel and I could see run off from the glue. I cut a couple feet of twine, used a thin line of glue where the dowel meets the base, and then tightly round the twine around the base. Hot dog, problem solved!!


Let me know what you think!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment