Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Easter Basket

St. Patty's Day may have caught me off guard, but Easter? I got Easter by the balls eggs! I have been pinning and prepping since early March. All I have left to plan is her outfit...

Here's a little tip from me to you: To save on Easter grass (and money), place a plastic bag with filler in the bottom of your basket before you spread out your Easter grass. I used the contents of our paper shredder, but newspaper or catalog pages would work as well. 

Mediocre Mom Tip: If your boo is younger than 2-3 years, they won't know what's new and what's nearly new. I raided her book shelves for books she already had. Thank you, Auntie Rhi for our Pat the Bunny book! It's the gift that keeps giving :)


I LOVE this basket! I found it last week while we were in Savannah and scooped it up as soon as I saw it. The basket is hand made by a local, using grape vines, wisteria branches, and jasmine branches.

My husband: I can't believe you just spent $20 on a basket.
Me: Well, I was going to spend $50 on one from PB Kids. So the way I look at it is, I just saved you $30.


I have a healthy obsession with the 3 wick candles from Bath & Body Works. Seriously, it is the ONLY candle with a scent strong enough to fill a room. Once they have burned down to nothing, I clean out the jars and repurpose them. Here is one that I have primed, painted, and glued a painted bunny on top. I love the way they turned out and will be sending them to the little loves in my life :) Btw, the candles are on sale right now so scoop some up and enjoy! My fave scent is Tiki Beach.



I made her a set of hair bows and popped those in her basket :) I will be adding them to my Etsy shop soon. I have been a DIY machine lately and have lots to post in the shop.

While in Savannah, I found a lovely bath shop that sold bath bombs in these adorable clear egg crates. I asked the shop owner if I could have an empty crate to use for Easter and she gave me a dozen. You gotta love that Southern hospitality! I then filled it with plastic eggs and made a ribbon to wrap around it. Entire project cost? $.89


I also included some mini cookie cutters I found on sale after Valentine's Day, a bunny straw cup from Target, and a few Lush bath bombs. Isla's favorite time of the day is bath time and we sometimes take baths together (true story). I love to use the bubble bars and glitter bombs because she gets a huge kick out of them...and they make mama's skin soft and yummy!


I cannot get over how much I love these vintage eggs from Target! Soooooo cute they needed their own photo. I plan to fill them with her snacks on Easter Day :)

 To wrap up, check out this DIY project my girlfriend made with her son, Cooper. Nothing says Easter like Jesus' Tomb :) This will be on our agenda in roughly 3 years!



No comments:

Post a Comment