Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Did you miss me?

We have been slammed with life the past couple of months. We have been packing for weeks, planning for Halloween, sick with everything Isla brings home from daycare, and I've been really busy with work. I have made a vow - I vow to post every week until the end of the year. I have so many Isla updates that I need to get down before I forget.

So here's the deal...we're moving! We are saying goodbye to our home for the past almost four years. We are leaving the urban life of downtown West Palm Beach and joining the soccer moms in Jupiter. We looked at a TON of properties. I'm sure our agent wanted to throat punch us at our inability to make a decision. We decided on a lovely community called Mallory Creek. We can't walk to crowded bars, the coast, work (for Victor), or the mall anymore. BUT, we can walk to the park, food truck invasion events, craft fairs, and our friend's house - knock, knock!

Here is the outside of our corner town home with plantation shutters (gah!), ceiling fans (clutch), laundry room (what is that?), and custom California Closets (we will have closets!)



Oh hey kitchen! We currently have 5 kitchen cabinets (not double cabinets) in our downtown condo with our dishes on a Pier 1 shelving unit (that has survived 22 months with a toddler tornado). This kitchen calls for a Williams & Sonoma trip. Oh, and that's our laundry room back there complete with a side by side (no more top loader for the Fernandez family!) and a mud sink. Oh, oh and shelves!!!

Speaking of shopping, we move the 12th, leave for a weekend vacation with friends on the 14th, and then Victor leaves for Denver the following Wednesday. While he's gone, I plan to hit up every home store within a 20 mile radius to stock up and decorate any. way. I. choose. Most wives might be a wee bit miffed that their betrothed is leaving them less than a week after moving, but me? I'm ecstatic! I can organize, decorate, paint, put up a back splash, hire a handy man to hang photos...ANYTHING I WANT! No time to FaceTime, boo, mama's busy with your Amex cleaning.

We have sold pretty much every piece of furniture we own (any one need a king size solid wood + leather sleigh bed?). I have been pinning and planning the rooms of this place for weeks. I'll do a complete home tour early December :) And before you ask, I'm not even waiting a day to put our Christmas tree!!

We plan to make the most of our last weekend in downtown - City Place shopping + Family Fun Fest,  a trip to Paper Source, walk to the beach, stroll along the Intercoastal, Brunch at Paris Bakery, early trip to our local Starbucks, nail appointment at my fave spot, wine at The Blind Monk, Dinner at Table 26...so much to do!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment